Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Jourdain / Perpich Extended Care Center
Deadline: Open until filled.
Purpose of Position:
LPN (License Practical Nurse) will provide nursing care to residents in a 47 bed long term care facility. Full-time position with benefits, report
to the Director of Nursing, salary DOQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct nursing care to residents and assists to provide for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual comfort of the residents.
- Assists and plans the development of the nursing care plan for each resident on a daily basis, through care plan review and charting.
- Prepares and administers all medications using clean techniques followed by prompt and accurate charting.
- Provides nutrition by way of gastroscopy tubes and will operate feeding pumps.
- Provided treatment as ordered that may include enemas, wound care, perennial care, and foley catheter care.
- Reviews Policies and Procedures to include catheterization, irrigations, and suction machines.
- Responsible for accurate reporting and recording of resident’s symptoms, reaction, and progress in the patient’s charts and report to the Supervising
- Assigns the type and amount of care to meet the individual needs of each resident when serving as team leader or medication nurse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Training Program.
- Must possess a valid LPN (License Practical Nurse) License.
- Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications (w/Résumé attached) and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 *Fax (218) 679-4176.