It is our mission at the Red Lake Solid Waste Transfer Station to provide municipal solid waste (MSW) disposal/transfer to our band members following the highest regulations and standards and to assist in keeping our reservation clean, free from pollutants, and beautiful.
- Safety First: The safety of our band members and our employees comes first.
- Professionalism: We strive to provide professional service to all clients and vendors.
- Follow all Guidelines - Adhere to the regulations set forth by the EPA and all the guidelines in our Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Team Work - Working together to come up with solutions and accomplish tasks.
It is our vision to become a leader in the solid waste industry in Indian Country.
- Collection of waste from community transfer station sites in each district
- Transport of MSW to landfill
- Elderly/disabled pick-up
- Community drop off site
- Tribal business pick-up
- Other business pick up
- All MSW (garbage) can be dropped off at the community collection sites in each community or brought to the Red Lake Transfer Station
- Furniture/Scrap Metals/Electronics may be placed at the designated areas at the community collection sites or may be brought to the Red Lake Transfer Station.
- All HHW (household hazardous waste) must be brought to the Red Lake Transfer Station for proper storage. If it is after hours you may contact the Red Lake Transfer Station and leave a detailed message.
- All construction and demolition (C&D) materials must be brought to the Red Lake Transfer Station for inspection before being allowed to be disposed in the C&D Landfill.
- Please throw all trash in the bins that are provided in the community collection sites.
- When bringing Scrap Metal/HHW/C&D and other items that are not considered MSW, please go to the Red Lake Transfer Station Office for inspection before disposal.
- Please refrain from lighting the bins on fire or disposing of items that may be burning.
- Be respectful, this includes to the workers and our land.
- Use common sense, if something doesn't seem like it should be disposed in the community collection sites call us and ask.
- Please do not feed the bears.
- All loads must be inspected when brought to the Red Lake Transfer Station for disposal.
- Attendant Stations at each community site.
- Expanded Services offered to the community.
- Recycling Center.
Your Assistance Is Needed To Ensure We Keep Our Homelands Clean And Safe For Future Generations!!!
Clayton “Horse” Benaise
Bruce Miller-Dow Jr.
Arnold J. Pemberton