"We are committed to educating Families to discover their strengths as individuals"
Red Lake Nation TANF/Employment Services
TANF is a program that serves the Red Lake Nation with cash and food assistance while they are in need of this type of assistance. TANF is designed to be a temporary program to help individuals and families becoming self-sufficient and employable.
We provide the following services to clients:
- Employment Services
- GED/ABE Education
- Career Development Services (CDS), which includes Job Readiness Skills and Driver's Education.
- Financial Skills for families
- Ganawenindiwag ( Cultural Program) " Taking care of each other"
P.L. 102-477 Program
"We are committed to educating families to discover their strengths as individuals"
All programs require an Individual Development Plan.
We are here to assist you to meet your Employment Goals and to become self-sufficient.
We provide these services:
General Assistance has also provided:
Emergency Financial Assistance for funeral and home fire losses.
Applications for Assistance
We provide the following services:
- Resume Building with software available
- On-line Applications
- Assessments for skills & careers
- Interviewing skills & techniques
- Current employment opportunities
- posted weekly
- Barriers to Employment- assessment and video
- Driver's Education for adults
Child Care Development Fund (Subsidy Program) and Child Care Assistance Program
Offers eligible parents and guardians assistance in paying for their child care needs while at work and/or in Education/Training. Oshkiimaajitahdah will assist with $1.80 to Registered Providers, $2.20 for Licensed ($3.00 for nightshift 8PM-6AM, Licensed only) per hour per child. Parent makes one monthly co-payment as determined by income. Applications may be picked up, faxed or emailed.
- Determines eligibility and Co-payment.
- Registers and monitors child care providers, including processing vouchers (due on 1st day of month) for payment distribution on 15th of each month. CCAP pays bi-weekly if eligible & requested and may be direct deposited.
- Providers are divided into three categories: "Registered (Legal Non-Licensed)", "Licensed", and "Center."
- Providers must live within the Red Lake Nation boundaries, be at least 18 years, be CPR certified, pass basic background check, agree to annual home inspection by compliance manager.
- Providers may set their own rate for their child care services, anything above eligible coverage will be the family's responsibility.
- Offers free child care at Oshkiimaajitahdah Child Care Center while parent/guardian is attending classes or meetings at Oshkiimaajitahdah "New Beginnings."
- Children eligible are birth through 12 years of age.
Child Support Program
"Red Lake Nation Child Support program is dedicated to serving & assisting our Nation's children first by providing the services needed to strengthen the families' commitment to become self-sufficient"
Each & every child of our nation deserves the financial, emotional & moral support from both parents to ensure that each child will live a healthy & quality life.
- Establishing support orders
- Establishing paternity
- Income Withholding
- Enforcement of child support orders & voluntary agreements
- Knowing extended family
- Sense of belonging
- Creating a bond between the child & non-custodial parent
- Financial support & responsibilities
Children are the future, so let's prepare our children for the future.
We provide the following services:
- Help with MFIP Eligibilty
- Case Management Services for MFIP financial assistance
- Help with Educational and Career Planning, and financial management
- Home visiting services
- Developing and increasing parenting skills
- Childcare to attend school
- Supportive services for Transportation and employment
"Taking Care of Each Other"
- Ice Fishing/Spearing
- Sugar Bush
- Spring Spearing Suckers/Northern Pike
- Drum/Hand Drum, Drum Sticks
- Garden Project/Preparation, Maintenance & Harvesting
- Berry Camp
- Fall Trapping
- Regalia Making
- Moccasin Making
- Ojibwe Language Class
- Spring Beaver Trapping
- Spring Wild Edible Plant-Forage, Morel, Mushrooms, Leeks & Fiddlehead Ferns
- Fishing Opener
- Fish Camp
- Wild Rice Harvest
- Hunting Camp/Big & Small Game Season-Bow & Arrow, Riffle
- Winter Camp - Crafts, Storytelling & Elder Teachings
- Birch Bark Crafts
- Talking Circle
- Moccasin Games
Biiwaabik Aanihooshim Aabiding
The Welding I student will: